Interested in working on major programmes and projects, often at the cutting edge of technology?
Interested in joining a leading multi-billion pound organisation to work on a range of exciting schemes?
Do you wish to take on a role with excellent opportunity for long term career prospects and the ability to work across multiple sectors?
At Mott MacDonald, we are dedicated to tackling our clients’ toughest portfolio, programme and project challenges in order to achieve successful outcomes. We are a family of people excited to solve complex challenges that have a positive impact on the world, and we are always looking for like-minded people to join our team.
Owning to the expansion of our defence and energy business we have exciting opportunities for project management professionals to join our fast-growing team in the UK. This is a unique opportunity to be involved in some of the most complex and challenging projects in the UK today. Within the Mott MacDonald family we are looking to attract the finest talent to be part of this journey as we mobilise for a number of key opportunities across a broad portfolio of both defence and energy programmes. All of the programmes are long term opportunities allowing you to grow and develop your career throughout.
We are seeking a Senior Project Manager who demonstrates a passion to work collaboratively with our client teams to deliver their complex projects to time, cost and quality with a commitment to safety. We are looking for people who can demonstrate the following:
- Ownership of and responsibility for the successful delivery of your project
- Development and delivery of business cases
- Preparing and maintaining schedules, including dependencies and resources
- Identifying and monitoring project risks and opportunities
- Quality management processes for project activities and outputs
- Managing stakeholders, taking account of their levels of influence and particular interests
- Establishing and maintaining project governance reviews
- Developing and managing teams
- Managing suppliers
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Demonstrate relevant project management and delivery experience;
- Demonstrable knowledge and application of project management methodologies;
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a larger team;
- Comfortable working as a consultant within a client environment;
- Relationship building skills –ability to build strong relationships with clients, teams and stakeholders as well as an ability to build and maintain networks of business contacts;
- Strong stakeholder management experience;
- Excellent oral and written communication and organisation skills;
- Good analytical thinking and research skills;
- Well-developed planning and organisational skills and ability to continue to completion existing projects and initiatives;
- Essential soft skills include self-motivation; taking initiative; leadership, adaptability and flexibility; effective listening, collaboration; influence and persuasion, insightfulness; and Computer literacy in Microsoft applications.
Educated to degree level and/or hold a project management qualification (e.g. PMQ, Prince2)
Full UK Driving Licence
Flexibility to travel and work in different sectors and clients
- Proven track record in project delivery, preferably in the defence sector or similar technical sectors;
- Ability to work with and manage external suppliers
- Commercial awareness
- Working knowledge of project management software and toolsets
- Desired qualifications and accreditations
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject
- Full UK Driving Licence
- APM PMQ level qualified or equivalent (e.g. Managing Successful Programmes, PRINCE2 Practitioner)
- Member of the Association for Project Management (MAPM)
We can offer:
• Pension matched up to 7%
• Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
• An annual professional institution subscription
• Life insurance
• Enhanced parental leave
• Annual company performance bonus scheme – Subject to company performance
• Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including cycle to work & Interest free season ticket loans etc.
Sound of interest? Get in touch today!